Veni, rogo in cor meum, SWV 83 (Heinrich Schütz)
- (Posted 2021-11-29) CPDL #66955:
- Original key:
- Transposed down a fourth:
- Editor: Gerd Eichler (submitted 2021-11-29). Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from original print, Mensurstrich layout, original key signature and note values, clefs modernized, musica ficta clearly marked..
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2015-04-11). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 131 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: #35045 transposed down a major third for SATB. Revised files uploaded 30/11/21.
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2015-04-11). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 127 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: At original pitch. Clefs modernised. Note values in triple-time section halved. Source may be found at IMSLP. Revised files uploaded 30/11/21.
Title: Veni, rogo in cor meum, SWV 83
Composer: Heinrich Schütz
Lyricist: Augustine of Hippo
Number of voices: 4vv Voicings: SSAT or SATB
Genre: Sacred, Motet
Instruments: Basso continuo
First published: 1625 in Cantiones sacrae, Op. 4, no. 31
2nd published: 1887 in Heinrich Schütz: Sämtliche Werke, Volume 4, no. 31
3rd published: 2004 in Neue Schütz-Ausgabe, Volume 8, no. 31
Original text and translations
Veni, rogo, in cor meum,
Come, I ask, into my heart,