Nun lobet Gott im hohen Thron (Christoph Dalitz)
In English, "From all that dwell below the skies"
- (Posted 2020-04-24) CPDL #58149:
- Editor: Christoph Dalitz (submitted 2020-04-24). Score information: A4, 1 page, 22 kB Copyright: CC BY-SA 3.0 Germany
- Edition notes: Edition with English text by Watts underlaid.
In German, "Nun lobet Gott im hohen Thron"
- (Posted 2008-02-17) CPDL #16103:
- Editor: Christoph Dalitz (submitted 2008-02-17). Score information: A4, 1 page, 20 kB Copyright: CC BY-SA 3.0 Germany
- Edition notes: Edition with the original text by Ulenberg.
First published: 2008
Description: Polyphonic two part setting of a metric psalm from Caspar Ulenberg's "Psalmen Davids in allerlei deutsche Gesangreime gebracht" (Cologne, 1582) with the cantus firmus in the lower voice. This hymn can still be found in many modern hymn books, so that this Bicinium can be sung alternating with the congregation hymn.
To make this piece also accessible to English speaking singers, I have prepared an English version by underlying the metric translation "From all that dwell below the skies" of the same Psalm from Isaac Watts' "Psalms Imitated in the Language of the New Testament" (1719).
External websites: http://music.dalitio.de/choir/dalitz/nun-lobet-gott/
Recording: http://music.dalitio.de/audio/ (lute and tenor)
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 117.