Magnificat Susanne un jour (Orlando di Lasso)
- (Posted 2016-08-21) CPDL #40843:
- Editor: Gerd Eichler (submitted 2016-08-21). Score information: A4, 12 pages, 187 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from original print, Mensurstrich layout, original key signature and note values, clefs modernized, musica ficta clearly marked, ligatures indicated by ┌──┐, missing intonations added (omitted in MIDI),ending differs from #40786
- (Posted 2016-08-15) CPDL #40786:
- Editor: Christopher Shaw (submitted 2016-08-15). Score information: A4, 13 pages, 110 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: This edition is offered at original pitch (high chiavette) for SSATTB or transposed down a fourth for AATTBB
Title: Magnificat a 6 (Susanne un jour)
Composer: Orlando di Lasso
First published: 1587 in Patrocinium musices: Beatisimæ deiparæque Virginis Mariæ, no.
2nd published: 1619 in Iubilus beatæ virginis hoc est centum Magnificat, no. 63
Description: An alternatim setting of the even verses, this Magnificat is modelled (more tenuously than most similar parodies) on Lassus' own setting of the story of Susannah and the elders Susanne un jour.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Magnificat.