Ave Regina caelorum (Pierre de la Rue)
- Editor: Richard Mix (submitted 2019-07-16). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 52 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: transposed a minor 3rd higher
- Editor: Pothárn Imre (submitted 2018-02-10). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 80 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: This edition tries to follow as close as possible the recording of the Hilliard Ensemble. The major differences - apart from the text underlay - to edition 35506 are in measures 30-35.
- Editor: John Hetland (submitted 2015-05-22). Score information: Letter, 5 pages, 543 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Based on Das Chorwerk #91, ed. Nigel Davison, Möseler Verlag Wolfenbüttel, 1962. Notation here raised a third from the original, time values halved. Translation, text underlay and musica ficta by John Hetland and The Renaissance Street Singers. 2 Mar 2002
Title: Ave Regina caelorum
Composer: Pierre de la Rue
Description: Marian Antiphon from February 2 to Easter
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Ave Regina caelorum.
Ave Regina coelorum,
Ave Domina Angelorum:
Salve, radix sancta,
Ex qua mundo lux est orta:
Gaude Virgo gloriosa,
Super omnes speciosa,
Vale, o valde decora,
Et pro nobis Christum exora.
(bolded parts differ from clementine text as standardized in 1602)