Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Third Sunday in Advent is also known as Gaudete (after the introit, "Rejoice") and Rose Sunday (from the bright vestments used in the Catholic church). It is traditionally marked by a relaxing of the Advent ban on instrumental music.
The traditional gospel from John 3:19 ("This is the record of John") was assigned to year B of the three year lectionary.
Music proper to the third week in Advent
|Mass propers||Liber usualis||Graduale Romanum (1974)|
|Introit:||Gaudete in Domino|
|Gradual:||Qui sedes, Domine|
|Alleluia verse:||Excita, Domine|
Pages in this category
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.
- Benedixisti Domine (Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina)
- Benedixisti Domine (Orlando di Lasso)
- Benedixisti Domine (Valentin Rathgeber)
- Benedixisti Domine a 7 (Giovanni Gabrieli)
- Benedixisti Domine terram tuam (Ludovico Balbi)
- Benedixisti Domine, K150 (Johann Joseph Fux)
- Benedixisti Domine, op. 66/3 (Oreste Ravanello)