As torrents in summer (Edward Elgar)
- Editor: Mark Thijs (submitted 2020-12-04). Score information: A4, 2 pages Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2019-02-18). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 122 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from the edition on IMSLP. Revised files uploaded 28/12/21.
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2017-11-19). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 98 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: This piece is listed as "secular" on this page, but it is suitable for use as a church anthem.
- Editor: Richard Mix (submitted 2011-06-14). Score information: Letter, 2 pages Copyright: CC BY
- Edition notes: Tree friendly, w/o keyboard reduction.
- Editor: John D. Smith (submitted 2004-02-20). Score information: A4, 4 pages Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Scores listed alphabetically by composer. All scores available in Scorch format, some are also available as PDF files.
- Editor: Rafael Ornes (submitted 1999-08-26). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 184 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score.
- Possible error(s) identified. Error summary: m. 22, "By" should be "So"; also hairpin dynamics missing See the discussion page for full description.
Title: As torrents in summer from Scenes from the Saga of King Olaf, Op. 30
Composer: Edward Elgar
Lyricist: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Number of voices: 4vv Voicing: SATB
Genre: Secular, Partsong, Oratorio
Instruments: A cappella
First published: 1896 Novello
Description: Work entered public domain in EU on 1 Jan 2006.
- Free choir training aids for this work are available at Choralia.
- Novello vocal score at IMSLP
Original text and translations
| English text
As torrents in summer, Half dried in their channels,
Wie Fluten im Sommer, halb versiegt in ihrem Bett,
- Posted in December 2020
- Mark Thijs editions
- James Gibb editions
- Andrew Sims editions
- Richard Mix editions
- John D. Smith editions
- Rafael Ornes editions
- Keyboard reduction
- Sheet music errors
- Edward Elgar compositions
- 4-part choral music
- Secular music
- Works in English
- A cappella
- 1896 works
- Works with training aids
- Works with training aids at Choralia
- English texts
- German translations
- Sheet music
- Romantic music