Si vous la baisez, comptez quinze (Pierre Passereau)
- (Posted 2020-10-25) CPDL #61022:
- Editor: Christopher Shaw (submitted 2020-10-25). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 168 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Please click on the link for preview/playback/PDF download. Edition offered at original pitch for SATB or transposed down a fourth for ATTB. Modern French underlay.
- (Posted 2009-03-26) CPDL #19115: (Finale 2002)
- Editor: Benoît Huwart (submitted 2009-03-26). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 63 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes:
Title: Si vous la baisez, comptez quinze
Composer: Pierre Passereau
Description: The rules of Real Tennis explained. The game, particularly popular under Francois I (France) and Henry VIII (England), involved rules for scoring partly dependent upon in which part of the court a given shot had been placed. c.f. reaching bases in Baseball.
Original text and translations
Translation by Edward Tambling
(alt. trans. Timmi O'Danaos & Donna Ferrentes)