President Street (Oliver Shaw)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Posted 2019-11-22) CPDL #56014:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2019-11-22). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 53 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Oval note edition. Originally written for Treble-Tenor-Bass, with Tenor carrying the melody ("air"). In this edition, there are two staffs: SA and TB. Old Tenor becomes Soprano; Treble becomes new Tenor, and Bass remains; I wrote the Alto part.
- (Posted 2019-11-21) CPDL #56013:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2019-11-21). Score information: 7 x 10 inches (landscape), 1 page, 39 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note shapes added (4-shape). Four-part edition; Counter part written by B. C. Johnston, 2019. Four stanzas included from Doddridge's hymn.
Description: Words by Philip Doddridge, published posthumously in 1755, entitled Christ precious to the believer, with five stanzas.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Jesus, I love thy charming name.