Ornatam in monilibus filiam Jherusalem (Ludwig Senfl)
- (Posted 2019-07-31) CPDL #54942:
- Editor: Andreas Stenberg (submitted 2019-07-31). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 63 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: A semidiplomatoric edition. Note.values and key are kept as in the original. Text and text-underlay follow the original closely. Ficta are added sparingly. A transcription of a chant melody, from an other source, resembling the intonation and melodic material used is included in the commentary as is the Vers from the Canticle "Benedicite omnia opera Domini Domino" (the song in the Fiery Furnace) associated in that source with the antiphon.
- (Posted 2020-04-01) CPDL #57803:
- Editor: Andreas Stenberg (submitted 2020-04-01). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 103 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: As above. The psalm 146 (Versio Vulgata) added set to falsobordoni setting for tone four from the same Ms as the Antiphone.
Title: Ornatam in monilibus filiam Jherusalem
Composer: Ludwig Senfl ?
First published: 1500 - 1530
Description: A setting of an Antiphon for the feast of Assumptionis BVM from from "Ms without title 72 sacred songs" - BSB Mus.ms. 52 in Bayerisch Staatsbiobliotek. The anthipone is unascribed in the Ms. but proposed as a setting by Senfl by M. BENTE in" "Neue Wege der Quellenkritik und die Biographie Ludwig Senfls..." Wiesbaden,1968.
Original text and translations
Ornata in monilibus*
filiam iherusalem dominus concupivit.
For the text to psalm 146 (Versio Vulgata) Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 147 .