Magnificat (William Cornysh)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Posted 2017-07-18) CPDL #45495:
- Editor: Humphrey Thompson (submitted 2017-07-18). Score information: A3, 13 pages, 168 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Ligature brackets and coloration brackets have been omitted to aid readability. Accidental appendancy has been interpreted as lasting the whole length of the clearly defined sections (marked by double bars in this edition) in most cases. The editor has preferred not to use B naturals in many cases, partly because of the more conservative sound-world of Cornysh senior who was more likely to have composed this than Cornysh junior. Note-values halved.
- (Posted 2017-05-05) CPDL #44380:
- Editor: Jason Smart (submitted 2017-05-05). Score information: A4, 21 pages, 684 kB Copyright: CC BY NC ND
- Edition notes: Edited from the Caius Choirbook at the source pitch, with halved note values. A critical commentary is appended to the score.
Composer: William Cornysh
Description: Alternatim setting of even verses
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Magnificat.