Jesus, Thou Joy of loving hearts (Ronald McVey)
- (Posted 2018-06-15) CPDL #50145:
- Editor: Ronald McVey (submitted 2018-06-15). Score information: Letter, 8 pages, 87 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: SSA version of original SATB work
- (Posted 2018-05-29) CPDL #49905:
- Editor: Ronald McVey (submitted 2018-05-29). Score information: Letter, 12 pages, 92 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
First published: 1983
Description: Sacred anthem for general use
Original text and translations
Jesus, Thou Joy of loving hearts, Thou fount of life, Thou Light of men,
From the best bliss that earth imparts, we turn unfilled to Thee again.
Thy truth unchanged hath ever stood; Thou savest those that on Thee call.
To them that seek Thee Thou art good, To them that find Thee all in all.
Our restless spirits yearn for Thee, Where'er our changeful lot is cast,
Glad when Thy gracious smile we see, Blest when our faith can hold Thee fast.
Jesus, ever with us stay, make all our moments calm and bright;
Chase the dark night of sin away, shed o'er the world Thy holy light.