Gloucester (Jacob Kimball)
- (Posted 2018-05-16) CPDL #49656:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2018-05-16). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 51 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Oval note edition, as written in 1793. Another pair of stanzas included, selected from Watts' paraphrase.
- (Posted 2018-05-16) CPDL #49655:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2018-05-16). Score information: 7 x 10 inches (landscape), 2 pages, 49 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note shapes added (4-shape). Another pair of stanzas included, selected from Watts' paraphrase.
Description: Words by Isaac Watts, 1719, paraphrase of Psalm 136, Abridged, with five stanzas. Kimball used the first two stanzas of Watts' paraphrase in his composition, changing the first line from "Give to our God immortal praise" to "Give to the Lord immortal praise." This change is very common among American compilers of psalms and hymns.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 136.