Come pretty wag (Charles Hubert Hastings Parry)
- (Posted 2017-11-25) CPDL #47694:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-11-25). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 97 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #25105, transposed down a minor 2nd to E♭. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score.
- (Posted 2011-12-06) CPDL #25105: (Sibelius 6)
- Editor: Ian Haslam (submitted 2011-12-06). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 60 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Score updated 20/09/12 to correct an error in alto bar 23. Score updated 3/11/2020 with corrections.
Original text and translations
Come, pretty wag, and sing;
The sun's all-ripening wing
Fans up the wanton spring.
O let us both go chaunt it!
For now fresh May doth flaunt it!
Then with reports most sprightly
Trip with thy voice most lightly,
O sing, O sing so wittily,
For now, the cuckoo sings,
And echo doth rebound
And dally with the sound.