Blest be the name of Jacob's God (Joseph Haydn)
- (Posted 2016-01-09) CPDL #38117:
- Editor: Tulipo Petressian (submitted 2016-01-09). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 61 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- (Posted 2012-09-28) CPDL #27242: (Sibelius 7)
- Editor: Edmund Gooch (submitted 2012-09-28). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 44 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: The first verse only of the text is underlaid in the source, with the other verses given here printed after the music.
Description: This setting of verses 21-24 of James Merrick's metrical version of Psalm 31 was published on p119 of Improved Psalmody (London, 1794), compiled by William Dechair Tattersall. In that collection, it is given the descriptive heading 'The Prayer of the Psalmist being accepted, he exhorts the good to rely on God's help alone', and is attributed to 'Dr. Haydn'. Hymn Tune Index tune number 6834.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 31.