Audivi: Media nocte (John Taverner)
- (Posted 2012-12-31) CPDL #27915:
- Editor: Adrian Wall (submitted 2012-12-31). Score information: A4, 1 page, 75 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Chant for use with #17922
- (Posted 2012-10-20) CPDL #27411:
- Editor: Mark Ardrey-Graves (submitted 2012-10-20). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 61 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transposed up a fourth, in high clefs for SSAA, to match service book pitch of the cantus firmus, and also to match Sarum rubrics for polyphony to be sung by Trebles. Plainsong verse included in this edition. Original note values retained, except for breaking the longs into two breves across barlines. Ficta included above the staff. ERRATA: Part names "Contratenor" and "Medius" should be switched with each other on p. 1 of this edition.
- (Posted 2008-08-17) CPDL #17922:
- Editor: Michael Gibson (submitted 2008-08-17). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 110 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Omits chant (see #27915). Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score.
Title: Audivi vocem de coelo
Composer: John Taverner
First published: written c.1530
Description: 8th respond at Matins on All Saints' Day (text also suitable for Advent)
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Audivi vocem de caelo venientem.