Audi, filia, et vide (Pierre de Manchicourt)
- (Posted 2019-12-14) CPDL #56270:
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2019-12-14). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 415 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: Transposed a tone lower (for SAATB), otherwise identical to CPDL #56267 below. Revised edition uploaded 20 September 2020.
- (Posted 2019-12-14) CPDL #56267:
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2019-12-14). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 410 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: At original notated pitch (for SAATB). Original note values retained. Transcribed and edited from all three sources listed below. Revised edition uploaded 20 September 2020.
First published: 1553 in Susato, Liber XIIII ecclesiasticarum cantionum quinque vocum [Antwerp] (RISM 1553/16), no. 10
2nd published: 1554 in Phalèse, Cantionum sacrarum liber 1 [Leuven] (RISM 1554/1), no. 12
3rd published: 1555 in Phalèse, Cantionum sacrarum liber 8 [Leuven] (RISM 1555/5), no. 6
Description: This motet is attributed to Thomas Crecquillon in the 1555 source, despite Phalèse's having published the same work only a year earlier with attribution to Manchicourt.
Original text and translations
Audi, fília, et vide, et inclína aurem tuam:
Hearken, O daughter, and consider, and incline thine ear:
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 45.