Arise, get up my dear (Thomas Morley)
- (Posted 2007-09-11) CPDL #14943:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 42 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- (Posted 2000-06-21) CPDL #00986: PDF, MIDI and ABC files available.
- Editor: Laura Conrad (submitted 2000-06-21). Score information: Letter, 6 pages, 503 kB Copyright: GnuGPL
- Edition notes: In partbook format.
Title: Arise, get up my dear
Composer: Thomas Morley
Original text and translations
Arise, get up, my deere, arise,
my deere, make hast to be gone thee,
lo where the bride faire Daphne, bright,
where the bride faire Daphne bright tarries on thee.
Harke, o, harke you merry merry maydens squealing:
spice cake sopps in wyne are now dealing,
spice cake sops in wyne are a dealing,
Runne then run a pace, so get a bride lace,
and a guilt Rosemary branch the while yet ther is catching,
and then hould fast for feare of old snatching.
Alas my deere why weep she,
O feare not that, deere love the next day keep wee,
List hark you Minstrells, how fine they firck it?
and how the maids irck it, with Kate and Will, Tom and Gill,
now a skip, then a trip, finely set a loft, here againe as oft,
o blessed holly day,
List harck you Minstrells, how fine they firck it?
and how the maides irck it, with Kate and Will, Tom and Gill,
now a skip, then a trip, finely set a loft ther again as oft,
hey ho blessed holly, holly day.