Suscepimus Deus - Sicut audivimus (William Byrd)
The first part of this work (Suscepimus Deus) is identical to the first part of Suscepimus Deus - Justitia - Magnus Dominus (William Byrd).
- Editor: David Fraser (submitted 2003-01-20). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 315 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: SATTB. Complete Gradual constructed by inclusion of the Suscepimus Deus setting from the previous Gradualia item. Final Alleluia included in the Alleluia verse Senex puerum portabat. Revised March 23.
- Editor: Steve Sanders (submitted 2002-05-21). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 67 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: SAATB. Second part of motet (Sicut audivimus) only, including final Alleluia.
Title: Suscepimus Deus - Sicut audivimus
Composer: William Byrd
Number of voices: 5vv Voicings: SATTB or SAATB
Genre: Sacred, Motet
Instruments: A cappella
First published: 1605 in Gradualia I, no. 1-2
Description: Gradual for the Feast of the Purification (the Presentation). Motet in two parts:
- Prima pars: Suscepimus Deus
- Secunda pars: Sicut audivimus
Original text and translations
| Latin text
See Psalm 48 vv. 8-9, 7a 1b (Vulgate Psalm 47 vv. 10-11, 9a, 2b).
We have received Thy mercy, O God, in the midst of Thy temple; according to Thy Name, O God, so also is Thy praise unto the ends of the earth.