Sancte Deus (Thomas Tallis)
- (Posted 2020-05-02) CPDL #58378: Original note values:
- (Posted 2014-02-21) CPDL #31326: Halved note values:
- Editor: Jason Smart (submitted 2020-05-02). Score information: A4, 8 pages, 257 kB Copyright: CC BY NC ND
- Edition notes: Edited from the Gyffard Partbooks at the source pitch for SSAT.
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-12-31). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 89 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #3430. with minor corrections to underlay. Musica ficta absorbed into staves. Revised files uploaded 29/07/18.
- Editor: Matthew Collins (submitted 2011-08-09). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 114 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original key with voicing significantly altered to allow for a lower alto part.
- Editor: Vincent Carpentier (submitted 2002-03-27). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 528 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: MUP file is zipped. Transposed down a whole step from the original key.
- Possible error(s) identified. See the discussion page for full description.
Title: Sancte Deus
Composer: Thomas Tallis
Number of voices: 4vv Voicings: SATB or SSAT
Genre: Sacred, Motet
Instruments: A cappella
First published: ca. 1572-8 in Gyffard Partbooks, no. 82
2nd published: 1977 in The Chester Book of Motets, Book 2, no. 9
- A performance by 'Gloriana' ensemble 
Original text and translations
Sancte Deus, Sancte Fortis, Sancte et Immortalis, miserere nobis.
Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy and Immortal One, have mercy upon us.
Heiliger Gott, heiliger starker Gott, heiliger Unsterblicher, erbarme dich unser.
- Jason Smart editions
- James Gibb editions
- Matthew Collins editions
- Vincent Carpentier editions
- Sheet music errors
- Thomas Tallis compositions
- 4-part choral music
- Sacred music
- Works in Latin
- A cappella
- 1572 works
- 1977 works
- Works in Book 2
- Latin texts
- English translations
- Translations with attribution
- German translations
- Sheet music
- Renaissance music