Zion (Oliver Shaw)
- (Posted 2019-11-28) CPDL #56104:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2019-11-28). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 54 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Oval note heads. Originally written on three staffs, Treble-Tenor-Bass, with the melody in the Tenor. Transposed to two staffs,with old Tenor becoming Soprano, old Treble becoming Tenor; Bass remains. Alto part written by B. C. Johnston, 2019. Whole piece transposed down from C major to B♭ major.
- (Posted 2019-11-28) CPDL #56103:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2019-11-28). Score information: 7 x 10 inches (landscape), 1 page, 44 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Four-part edition; Counter part by B. C. Johnston, 2019. Note shapes added (4-shape).
First published: 1808 in The Columbian Sacred Harmonist
Description: Words by Isaac Watts, 1709, from Hymns and Spiritual Songs, Hymn 30 of Book 2, with ten stanzas. Shaw used the ninth and tenth stanzas of Watts' hymn in his composition.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Come, we that love the Lord.