Wash me throughly (George Frideric Handel)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Posted 2009-12-23) CPDL #20644:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2009-12-23). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 82 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: This is an arrangement for three voices (ATB), with the bass part extracted from the accompaniment. Original wording retained. Transposed to D major. Revised files uploaded 22/06/14.
- Arranger: James Gibb
- (Posted 2009-10-07) CPDL #20303: (Finale 2009)
- Editor: Paul R. Marchesano (submitted 2009-10-07). Score information: Letter, 8 pages, 163 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Full score - organ/continuo part duplicates the instrumental parts. Text underlay substitutes modern "thoroughly" for original "throughly". Substitution of "sinfulness" for "wickedness" might be desirable in some liturgical uses. Instrumental parts available upon request to editor.
Description: Movement #3 of Chandos Anthem No. 3; Soprano and Tenor duet. Scored for Oboe, Violin I & II, Violoncello and continuo.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 51.