Usquequo piger dormies (Pierre de Manchicourt)
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2022-02-24). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 346 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: Transposed a major third lower (for ATBB), otherwise identical to CPDL #68138 below. Revised edition uploaded 07 April 2022.
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2022-02-24). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 341 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: At original notated pitch (for STTB or STBarB). Original note values retained. Transcribed and edited from the only original source. Revised edition uploaded 07 April 2022.
- Editor: Arnaud Saint-Antonin (submitted 2015-08-15). Score information: A4, 8 pages, 104 kB Copyright: CC BY NC
- Edition notes:
Title: Usquequo piger dormies (2.p. Vade ad formicam, o piger)
Composer: Pierre de Manchicourt
Source: Proverbs 6
Description: A setting of an obscure non-liturgical text from the Book of Proverbs. No other known polyphonic setting of this text exists, apart from a two-voice setting of a variant of the secunda pars text by Francesco de Layolle.
Original text and translations
9 Usquequo piger dormies?
How long will you sleep, you lazy one?
Jusqu'à quand, paresseux, dormiras-tu ?