The Weary Traveler (Jeremiah Ingalls)
- (Posted 2017-04-16) CPDL #44063:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2017-04-16). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 51 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Oval note edition, as written in 1805. All eight stanzas included.
- (Posted 2017-04-16) CPDL #44062:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2017-04-16). Score information: 7 x 10 inches (landscape), 1 page, 52 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note shapes added (4-shape). All eight stanzas included.
Description: A folk hymn, a "structurally pentatonic melody in Aeolian mode" (Music 2005). This tune was re-arranged by James C. Lowry in 1820, for four voices, in F# minor; Lowry's arrangement was reprinted in Southern Harmony, 1835, p. 79. Words by an anonymous author. Eight stanzas in Ingalls 1805, also found in Smith and Sleep's Divine Hymns, 1794.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at The Weary Traveler.