Sport we my lovely treasure (Thomas Morley)
- (Posted 2011-12-17) CPDL #25171:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-12-17). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 46 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Based on #15029, with minor corrections, and transposed down a tone.
- (Posted 2007-09-11) CPDL #15029:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 43 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Sport we my lovely treasure
Composer: Thomas Morley
Description: 1st part of a 2-part madrigal, the 2nd part being O sweet, alas, what say you?
Original text and translations
Sport we my lovely treasure.
For why, long love long serving,
Asketh equal deserving.
Let be our sportful pleasure,
To kiss the while we may now.
And that you wot well what Love's other token.
Joy more than can be spoken.