Plange quasi virgo (Carlo Gesualdo)
- (Posted 2018-02-15) CPDL #48829:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2018-02-15). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 68 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: #48828, transposed up a minor third.
- (Posted 2018-02-15) CPDL #48828:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2018-02-15). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 69 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #3773, with minor adjustments to the underlay, and to slurring. Alto in treble clef, rather than octave-below treble clef.
- (Posted 2008-08-17) CPDL #17925:
- Editor: Diana Thompson (submitted 2008-08-17). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 67 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- (Posted 2008-02-06) CPDL #15919: (Finale 2014)
- Editor: Kurt Pages (submitted 2008-02-06). Score information: A4, 9 pages, 424 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Reduction of the semibreves (whole notes) etc. of the original printing from 1611 to minims (half notes) etc. Repetenda I and II are written out to avoid leafing back. With added German translation by the editor
- (Posted 2002-07-05) CPDL #03773: (Finale 2001)
- Editor: Fabrice Parmentier (submitted 2002-07-05). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 144 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
Title: Plange quasi virgo
Composer: Carlo Gesualdo
First published: 1611 in Responsoria et alia ad Officium Hebdomadae Sanctae spectantia, no. 21
Description: Nocturno 1, Response no. 3 of the Tenebrae Responsories for Holy Saturday (= Responsorium 3 für die 1. Nokturn des Karfreitages). – Title of the first printing from 1611: Responsoria Sanctae Spectantia Et Alia Ad Officium Hebdomadae
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Plange quasi virgo.