O taste and see (Charles H. Giffen)
- (Posted 2016-09-17) CPDL #41160:
- Editor: Charles H. Giffen (submitted 2016-09-17). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 102 kB Copyright: CC BY NC SA
- Edition notes: Mezzo-Alto-Baritone edition.
- (Posted 2014-06-23) CPDL #32310:
- Editor: Charles H. Giffen (submitted 2014-06-23). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 102 kB Copyright: CC BY NC SA
- Edition notes: ATB edition.
Title: O taste and see
Composer: Charles H. Giffen
First published: 2014
Description: This is the Communion Antiphon with Psalm verses (from Psalm 34) for the 14th Sunday in Ordinary Time or ad libitum use (it may also be sung as a motet). The Antiphon itself is a 3-voice canon, with the first alternate voice pitched a perfect fourth above the primary voice, delayed by two measures, and the second alternate voice pitched an octave below the primary voice, delayed by three measures; alternatively, the second alternate voice may be pitched the same (unison) with the primary voice. The Psalm verses are set to harmonized Anglican Chant that is itself stylized from the Mode III Gregorian tone.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 34:8 for the Antiphon, plus Verses 1-7, 15, 17-19, 22