O give thanks (Samuel Sebastian Wesley)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2014-07-01). Score information: A4, 12 pages, 171 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from the Novello edition. revised files uploaded 6/8/20.
- Editor: Douglas Brooks-Davies (submitted 2002-11-05). Score information: Letter, 14 pages, 974 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Entire work.
- Editor: Douglas Brooks-Davies (submitted 2002-11-05). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 212 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Final section only ("Blessed are they that always keep judgement…").
First published: 1877 Novello's Octavo Anthems no.60
Original text and translations
106.1 O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is gracious : and his mercy endureth for ever.
106.2 Who can express the noble acts of the Lord : or shew forth all his praise?
86.5 For thou, Lord, art good and gracious : and of great mercy unto all them that call upon thee.
86.9 All nations whom thou hadst made shall come and worship thee, O Lord : and shall glorify thy Name.
86.10 For thou art great, and doest wondrous things : thou art God alone.
106.3 Blessed are they that alway keep judgement : and do righteousness.