Magnificat con VV à cinque voci (a minor) (Francesco Durante)
- (Posted 2021-05-02) CPDL #64281:
- Editor: Walter Heeroma (submitted 2021-05-02). Score information: A4, 64 pages, 716 kB Copyright: Personal
- Instrumental parts:
- Editor: Walter Heeroma (submitted 2021-05-02). Score information: A4, 22 pages, 399 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: This edition is the full score, made by Walter Heeroma from the manuscript in the Bibliothèque Nationale, Paris. By the end of 2021, a second edition will be published which will be based on both the source in the Bibliothèque Nationale and the (older) source in the British Library.
- Copyright: © Walter Heeroma, 2021. Users are free to download and print the score and parts for personal use or to share them within their choirs or orchestras, and to use the edition for performances and recordings. Any commercial use, e.g. printing and selling scores and parts, is prohibited without explicit permission by the copyright holder. If the edition is used for a performance or recording, the editor would enjoy to receive a notice at hehe-editions. Any comments on the edition may be sent to the same e-mail address, and will be highly appreciated.
First published: 1752
Description: The Magnificat is a late work by Durante, and in many ways reminiscent of the 5-part version of his Magnificat in B flat. The Et Misericordia is for alto solo, the other parts for choir.
- The source can be downloaded from: https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8455800r?rk=21459;2.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Magnificat.