Lord, when I think (Thomas Weelkes)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-01-06). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 21 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformating of #9287.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2005-08-30). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 19 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Lord, when I think
Composer: Thomas Weelkes
Original text and translations
1. Lord, when I think what a paltery thing
Is a glove, or a ring, or a top of a fan to brag of;
And how much a noddy will triumph in a busk point,
Snatch with the tag off, then I say
Well fare him that hath ever used close play.
2. And when I see what a pitiful grace
Hath a frown in the face,
Or a no in the lips of a lady;
And when I had wist she would be kiss'd
When she away did go with hey ho I end so,
Never trust any woman more than you know.