Justus ut palma
Justus ut palma, from Psalm 91:13 (Vulgate), is used in a number of the minor propers of the Mass. In the Liber usualis the Offertory (p. 1021) appears under the Common of Doctors, the Gradual (p. 1029) and Introit (p. 1032) under the Common of Confessors, and an Alleluia (p. 1035) at the Common of Abbots. There is also a versicle.
Besides the following vocal settings there is an organ offertory by John Redford.
Other settings possibly not included in the manual list above
- Francesco Foggia — Iustus ut palma
- Bonifazio Graziani — Justus ut palma florebit
- Johann Michael Haydn — Justus ut palma, MH 389
- Johann Baptist Hilber — Justus ut palma florebit
- Sebastian Knüpfer — Justus ut palma
- Josef Rheinberger — 6 lateinische Hymnen, Op. 58
Text and translations
13 Justus ut palma florebit, sicut cedrus quae in Libano est, multiplicabitur.
11 The righteous shall flourish like a palm-tree: and shall spread abroad like a cedar in Libanus.