Jesus Christ is risen today (Anonymous)
- (Posted 2020-04-11) CPDL #57934:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2020-04-11). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 44 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Apparently the first four-part version of this tune, arranged by John Arnold in his The Complete Psalmodist, 1750. Melody in the Tenor. Grace notes converted to normal notes. Three stanzas of lyrics.
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2020-04-10). Score information: A5, 1 page, 55 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Transcribed from Lyra Davidica, 1708. Two parts: Soprano or Tenor and Bass. Key signature marked in A Major, but clearly in D. Source also has alternate lyrics, in nine stanzas, Christ our Lord is risen today, translated from Erstanden ist der heilge Christ. Re-formatted 2023-06-26.
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2020-04-05). Score information: A4, 1 page, 64 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Words and melody from Hymns Ancient and Modern New Standard. Verses not underlaid.
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2020-04-05). Score information: A4, 1 page, 48 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Words and 4-part harmony from Hymns Ancient and Modern New Standard. Verses underlaid.
First published: 1708 in Lyra Davidica, no. 3
2nd published: 1983 in Hymns Ancient and Modern, New Standard, no. 77
Description: Words and music first published in Lyra Davidica, 1708, where the translation of the 14th-century Bohemian hymn appears. Composer of the music is unknown. See also Christ the Lord is risen today by Charles Wesley, 1739.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Jesus Christ is risen today.
A Resurrection Dialogue
Hymns Ancient and Modern