Jesu, dulcis memoria (Tomás Luis de Victoria)
See notes for details and correct composer below.
- Editor: Thomas Gelain (submitted 2022-01-18). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 176 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Critical edition (compared to Pedrell's edition).
- Editor: Gary D. Cannon (submitted 2020-06-04). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 20 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-06-26). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 63 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: First verse only. English and Latin underlay. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score.
- Editor: Casey Rule (submitted 2015-03-10). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 59 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Suggested dynamics added by editor.
- Editor: Fernando Gómez Jácome (submitted 2004-07-03). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 76 kB Copyright: Personal
- Editor: Sabine Cassola (submitted 2004-01-09). Score information: A4, 1 page, 88 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: attributed to Victoria.
- Editor: Andrew Crookall (submitted 2003-11-20). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 38 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Files retrieved through http://archive.org.
- Editor: Abel Di Marco (submitted 2001-03-21). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 10.76 MB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Rick Wheeler (submitted 1999-07-27). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 39 kB Copyright: CPDL
Title: Jesu, dulcis memoria
Composer: Tomás Luis de Victoria ???
First published: 1840 in Raccolta di mottetti a quattro voci (Pietro Alfieri), no. 11
2nd published: 1843 in Recueil des morceaux de musique ancienne, Volume 2, no. 16
3rd published: 1852 in Lira sacro-hispana (ed. Hilarión Eslava), Volume 2, no. 4
4th published: 1876 in Cantata Catholica (Bernard Hellebusch), no. 230
5th published: 1907 in Sammlung ausgezeichneter Kompositionen für die Kirche, no. 3.05
6th published: 1933 in The Church Anthem Book, p. 36
7th published: 1996 European Sacred Music
Description: The attribution to Victoria is very shaky and Rutter's note suggests that the compositional style is much closer to the 1840s.
- Listen to a free recording of this piece from Coro Nostro, a mixed chamber choir based in Leicester, UK.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Jesu dulcis memoria.