Born: c. 11 September 1710
Died: 27 August 1748
James Thomson was a Scottish poet and playwright, known for his poems The Seasons and The Castle of Indolence, and for the lyrics of "Rule, Britannia!".
View the Wikipedia article on James Thomson.
Settings of text by James Thomson
- Come, gentle Spring (John Wall Callcott)
- Hard is the fate of him who loves (Elizabeth Turner)
- Rule Britannia (Thomas Arne)
- Soon as the morning trembles o'er the sky (from Ruth) (George Tolhurst)
- Tell me, thou soul of her I love (Elizabeth Turner)
- Unless with my Amanda blest (Leopold Kozeluch)
- Unless with my Amanda blest (Stephen Storace)
add web links here