Born: 24 June 1734, Gayle, Yorkshire, England
Died: 31 October 1804, Gayle, Yorkshire, England
James Allen was an English religious leader. "He published a small volume, Christian Songs, containing 17 hymns, and was the editor and a principal contributor to the Kendal Hymn Book, 1757" (John Julian).
No Wikipedia article yet.
Settings of text by James Allen
- Baltimore (William Billings)
- Glory to God on high (Benjamin Milgrove)
- Glory to God on high (Felice Giardini)
- Think now, dear Jesus (Benjamin Milgrove)
- Allen, James, and Christopher Batty. 1757. A Collection of Hymns for the Use of Those that Seek, and Those that Have Redemption in the Blood of Christ. Kendal, England: Thomas Ashburner. 126 pp.