I have not seen (Thurlow Weed)
- (Posted 2015-01-16) CPDL #34340:
- Editor: Thurlow Weed (submitted 2015-01-16). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 21 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
First published: 2015
Original text and translations
1. I have not seen, how am I to believe?
My eyes have never marked the risen Christ.
Is one to trust the stories others tell,
God raising up what has been sacrificed?
2. I have not felt his hands, stone cold, grow warm,
nor heard that heart, once silenced, beat again,
yet here I am, surrounded by a faith
that apprehends his presence now as then.
3. We hope for signs, but in the end must trust
that risen Life, arising, surely weaves
with faith and doubt alike a living truth
that blesses all who question to believe.
From Songs for the Cycle ©2004 by Michael Hudson.
Church Publishing Incorporated. All rights reserved. Used by permission.