Höchsterwünschtes Freudenfest, BWV 194 (Johann Sebastian Bach)
- (Posted 2017-07-27) CPDL #45666:
- Contributor: Paolo Pandolfo (submitted 2017-07-27). Score information: A4, 48 pages, 3.42 MB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: A scan of the piano-vocal score by Berhard Todt.
Title: Höchsterwünschtes Freudenfest, BWV 194
Composer: Johann Sebastian Bach
Description: Dedication of a Church & organ at Störmthal on 2 November or 31 October 1723 and revised for Trinity Sunday, 4 June 1724. For 16 June 1726 performance movements were re-ordered and deleted, and some material survives from a further revision in 1731. The earliest incarnation though appears to have been a secular cantata (BWV 194a) for which only instrumental parts survive, concluding with a minuet not included in any later version.
- Ihr Tore zu Zion at the Petrucci Music Library (IMSLP)
View the Wikipedia article on BWV 194.
- Bach-cantatas site, with links to libretto and translations.
Original text and translations
Visit the external website(s) listed above for the original text and/or translations.