Come drinke to me (Thomas Ravenscroft)
- Editor: Jonathan Goodliffe (submitted 2016-02-28). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 44 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Voices arranged in conventional score and spelling modernised.
- Editor: Christian Mondrup (submitted 2000-11-15). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 63 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: in 4 parts. Scroll down to Come drink to me.
- Editor: Christian Mondrup (submitted 2000-11-15). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 57 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: single line canon. Scroll down to Come drink to me.
Title: Come Drinke to Me
Composer: Thomas Ravenscroft
- Source on IMSLP.
Original text and translations
Come drinke to me,
And I will drink to thee,
And then shall we
Full well agree.
I have loved the jolly tankerd,
Full seven winters and more;
I have loved it so long
Till that I went upon the score.
He that loves not the tankerd,
Is no honest man;
And he is no right souldier,
That loves not the can.
Tappe the canikin,
Tosse the canikin,
Trole the canikin,
Turn the canikin.
Hold, good Sonne, and fill us a fresh can.
That we may quaffe it round about from man to man.