Christ rising again - Christ is risen again (William Byrd)
- Editor: Ross Jallo (submitted 2014-09-08). Score information: Letter, 18 pages, 298 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original key; note values halved. Editorial accidentals and slurs added. This version with organ accompaniment is based on the work as presented in the Byrd Edition XI, which is based on both pre-publication manuscript sources and an organ accompaniment from around 1630; its final "Amen", however, is taken from Songs of sundrie natures, with the organ part altered accordingly. It is therefore not compatible with either edition with viol consort accompaniment.
- Editor: Sabine Cassola (submitted 2006-03-21). Score information: A4, 10 pages, 223 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original key and note values. Version for viol consort accompaniment.
- Editor: David Fraser (submitted 2004-11-22). Score information: A4, 17 pages, 174 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original key and note values. Version for viol consort accompaniment. Revised Feb 09.
Title: Christ rising again – Christ is risen again
Composer: William Byrd
Text: Romans 6:9-11, I Corinthians 15:20-22
Description: This verse anthem for Easter Sunday exists in several versions, from both before and after its 1589 publication version.
External websites: Performance by Red Byrd and the Rose Consort of Viols
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Christ rising again.