Candidi facti sunt (Thomas Tallis)
- Editor: Allen Garvin (submitted 2021-11-18). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 63 kB Copyright: CC BY NC
- Edition notes:
- Editor: David Fraser (submitted 2009-04-02). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 115 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transposed up a 4th for SATBarB
- Editor: David Fraser (submitted 2009-02-18). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 113 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transposed up a 5th for SATTB
- Editor: David Fraser (submitted 2009-02-18). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 114 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: At (very low) published pitch for ATBBB
Title: Candidi facti sunt
Composer: Thomas Tallis
First published: 1575 in Cantiones quae ab argumento sacrae vocantur, no. 22
Manuscript 1580 in Dow Partbooks, no. 21
Manuscript c.1560-1590 in British Library Add. MS 30480-30484 (Hamond Partbooks), no. 52
Description: Responsory at first Vespers of any Apostle or Evangelist in Paschal Time, Sarum rite.
Original text and translations
Candidi facti sunt nazarei ejus, alleluya. Splendorem Dei dederunt, alleluya. Et sicut lac coagulati sunt, alleluya.
Radiant white became his Nazarites, alleluia; they gave splendour to God, alleluia, and are curdled like milk, alleluia.