Richard de Castre's Prayer to Jesus (Richard R. Terry)
- Editor: Jim Cooke (submitted 2020-05-08). Score information: A4, 1 page, 96 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Rests & breath marks are editorial.
- Editor: ServiamScores (submitted 2019-07-16). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 86 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Practice (learning) track on YouTube: 
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2017-11-19). Score information: A4, 1 page, 27 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Language: Middle English
First published: 1923
External websites: http://www.embassysingers.de
Original text and translations
Middle English text
Jhesu, Lord, that madest me,
and with thy blessyd blood hast bought,
forgive that I have grievéd thee
with word and wil, and eek with thought.
Jhesu, in whom is all my trust,
that died uppon the roodé tree,
withdrawe myn herte from fleshli lust,
and from all worldly vanyté.
Jhesu, for thy woundés smerte
on feet and on thyn handés two,
O make me meeke and low of herte,
and thee to love as I schulde do.
Jhesu, keepe them that are good,
amend them that han grievéd thee,
and send them fruites of earthli food
as each man needeth in his degree.