Zadok the Priest (George Frideric Handel)
- Editor: Rod Mather (submitted 2008-11-12). Score information: A4, 19 pages, 191 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: For SSAATBB with separate PDFs for organ or piano accompaniment.
- Editor: Jurriaan Grootes (submitted 2004-06-25). Score information: A4, 10 pages, 232 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: SSAATBB version, with unrealized continuo.
- Editor: Oliver Nicolson (submitted 2001-04-25). Score information: A4, 13 pages, 408 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: 4 part SATB version arr. by Oliver Nicolson, with fully realised organ continuo.
- Editor: Alessandro Magagnin (submitted 2008-09-30). Score information: A4, 21 pages, 324 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Philip Legge (submitted 2005-12-29). Score information: A4, 22 pages, 391 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Sibelius 4 file is derived from the above Sibelius 3 file, PDF and MIDI derived from the latter. MIDI file is 98 KB, both Sibelius files are 61 KB in size.
- Editor: Gary D. Cannon (submitted 2020-06-03). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 66 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Instrumental part for continuo organ, with figured bass
- Separate Sibelius 3 files: Oboes 1: Oboe 2: , Bassoons 1: Bassoons 2: , Trumpets 1: , Trumpets 2 Trumpet 3: , Timpani: , Violins 1: , Violins 2: , Violin 3: , Viola: , Violoncello: , Double bass: .
- Editor: Philip Legge (submitted 2006-01-17). Score information: Letter, 37 pages, 378 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: All parts are complete except for the continuo; the vocal score by Oliver Nicolson has a organ part that will almost certainly suffice. Many thanks are due to John Henry Fowler for giving up his time to create the PDF of these parts and the corresponding full score.
Title: Zadok the Priest
Coronation Anthem Nº 1
Catalogue Number: HWV 258
Composer: George Frideric Handel
Description: Composed in 1727 for the coronation of King George II of England.
Original text and translations
Zadok, the Priest, and Nathan, the Prophet, anointed Solomon King;
and all the people rejoic'd, and said:
God save the King, long live the King, may the King live for ever!
Zadoque, o Sacerdote, e Natan, o Profeta, ungiram o Rei Salomão;
e todo o povo cantou, e disse:
Deus Salve o Rei, Longa vida ao Rei, Viva o Rei para Sempre!
translation by Juan Ellan