The courtiers courtship to his mistris; the mistris to the courtier (Thomas Ravenscroft)
- Editor: Andreas Stenberg (submitted 2014-05-13). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 217 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Title: The Courtiers Courtship to his Mistris The Mistris to the Courtier
Composer: Thomas Ravenscroft
First published: 1611
Description: Two solo voices in dialogue.
Original text and translations
– Will yee love me, Lady sweete?
– Fye away, fie away, fie, fie, fie
– You are young and love is meete
– No, not I, I’ll live a maide till I be fortie
– Out, alas, who then will sport thee, wanton yet in the spring, love is a prettie thing.
– Fie, away, fie, fie
– Kisse sweete, as lovers doe prove, kind to them that woe.