Surge Petre (Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 07:49, 11 December 2021 by Claude T (talk | contribs) (→Music files: Exported PDF file as MXL one, uploaded and added link)
- (Posted 2018-12-20) CPDL #52679:
- Original key (high chiavette):
- Transposed down a tone:
- Transposed down a fourth: - Altus notated 8a, for tenor
- Editor: Pothárn Imre (submitted 2018-12-20). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 98 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from 1584 Gardano edition. Original note values.
Title: Surge Petre
Composer: Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina
Number of voices: 5vv Voicing: SATTB
Genre: Sacred, Motet for St. Peter in Chains (Aug. 1)
Instruments: A cappella
First published: 1584 in Motettorum liber quintus, 5vv, no. 11
Original text and translations
Surge Petre, indue te vestimentis tuis,
accipe fortitudinem ad salvandas gentes,
quia ceciderunt catenae de manibus tuis.
Angelus Domini astitit et lumen refulgit in habitaculo carceris,
percussoque latere Petri excitavit eum dicens:
Surge velociter, quia cediderunt catenae de manibus tuis.