Sherburne (Daniel Read)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Posted 2015-05-26) CPDL #35569:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2015-05-26). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 80 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Oval note edition. Version of 1804. The five other stanzas from Tate and Brady's hymn added below.
- (Posted 2015-05-26) CPDL #35567:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2015-05-26). Score information: 7 x 10 in (landscape), 1 page, 83 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note shapes added (4-shape). Version of 1804. The five other stanzas of Tate and Brady's hymn added below.
- (Posted 2002-09-20) CPDL #04013: (Finale 2000)
- Editor: Noel Stoutenburg (submitted 2002-09-20). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 64 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: With few exceptions, the tune and text are provided here as printed in the revised and enlarged edition of The Revivalist, edited by Joseph Hillman and the Rev. L. Hartsough, published in Troy, New York in 1872. In that source, the editors printed the first system on two staves (Soprano/Alto, and Tenor/Bass), and the remainder of the hymn on three (Tenor/Bass on the same staff), and the first note of the Tenor is a major, and the first note of the bass a minor third lower than shown here. Finally, the editors did not show the syllables in the second through sixth strophes.
- (Posted 2000-11-27) CPDL #01787:
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at While shepherds watched their flocks by night.