Say gentle nymphs that tread (Thomas Morley)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-05-06). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 32 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #9256, with minor adjustments to underlay. Transposed down a minor 3rd.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-12-06). Score information: Letter, 5 pages, 56 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2005-08-30). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 32 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Say, gentle nymphs that tread
Composer: Thomas Morley
Original text and translations
Say, gentle nymphs that tread these mountains,
Whilst sweetly you sit playing,
Saw you my Daphne straying
Along your crystal fountains?
If so you chance to meet her,
Kiss her and kindly greet her.
Then these sweet garlands take her,
And say from me, I never will forsake her.