Rowley (Daniel Belknap)
- (Posted 2016-04-14) CPDL #39313:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2016-04-14). Score information: 7 x 10 inches (landscape), 1 page, 64 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note shapes added (4-shape). Two more pairs of stanzas from Tate and Brady's paraphrase included. MusicXML source file(s) in compressed .mxl format.
- CPDL #26507: (Sibelius 7)
- Editor: Edmund Gooch (submitted 2012-06-14). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 47 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: The alto part is given in the alto clef in the source. The time signature in the source is retorted time. Only the first verse of the text is given in the source: subsequent verses have been added editorially.
Description: This setting of Psalm 13 in the metrical New Version was published on p17 of Daniel Belknap's book The Harmonist's Companion (Boston, 1797). Hymn Tune Index tune number 7348. Words by Nahum Tate and Nicholas Brady, 1698, paraphrase of Psalm 13, in six stanzas.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 13.