O gladsome light (Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck)
|It has been suggested that this page or section be merged into Cantique de Siméon (Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck).|
- (Posted 2011-03-19) CPDL #23279:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-03-19). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 73 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Based on #957 and also transposed a third higher. The first verse, O gladsome light, is missing and has been added here. Some minor alterations to the underlay have been made to fit the emphasis of the words. The tenor part is high, so it could be sung as SSAAB. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score.
- (Posted 2000-06-15) CPDL #00957:
- Editor: John Henry Fowler (submitted 2000-06-15). Score information: Letter, 10 pages, 75 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: transposed a major third higher.
Description: Contrafactum of "Cantique de Simeon" (Or laisses Createur) With a new English Text. The secunda pars of the original motet is omitted.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at O gladsome light, O grace.