Missa brevis in G, BWV 236 (Johann Sebastian Bach)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 19:56, 26 April 2022 by Claude T (talk | contribs) (→Music files: Exported PDF file as MXL one, uploaded and added link)
- Editor: Augustin Roche (submitted 2020-09-20). Score information: A4, 57 pages, 1.04 MB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: Choir and orchestra
- (Posted 2013-06-06) CPDL #29318: Orchestra: Organ: MIDI and zipped Finale files available. Finale files may be viewed and printed with Finale Reader.
- Editor: Manfred Hößl (submitted 2013-06-06). Score information: A4, 183 pages, 379 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Continuo by M. Hößl.
Title: Missa in G BWV236
Composer: Johann Sebastian Bach
Number of voices: 4vv Voicing: SATB
Genre: Sacred, Mass
Instruments: Orchestra: 2 oboes, strings, bc
First published: 1858 in Bach-Gesellschaft Ausgabe, Band 8
Opus: BWV 236, 6 movements
Description: Short mass - only Kyrie and Gloria in 6 movements:
- Kyrie eleison (SATB, instr. colla parte) based on the opening chorus of Siehe zu, dass deine Gottesfurcht, BWV 179 (No.1)
- Gloria in excelsis (tutti) based partially on Gott der Herr ist Sonn und Schild, BWV 79 (No.1)
- Gratias agimus (solo bass & str.) based partially on Warum betrübst du dich, mein Herz? BWV 138 (No.5)
- Domine Deus (SA duet, vln unis.)) based partially on Gott der Herr ist Sonn und Schild, BWV 79 (No.5)
- Quoniam (solo tenor & oboe) based on the 3rd movement of Siehe zu, dass deine Gottesfurcht, BWV 179 (No.3)
- Cum sancto Spiritu (tutti) based partially on Wer Dank opfert, der preiset mich, BWV 17 (No.1)
- Free choir training aids for this work are available at Choralia.
- Missa brevis in G, BWV 236 (Johann Sebastian Bach) at the Petrucci Music Library (IMSLP)
View the Wikipedia article on Missa brevis in G, BWV 236 (Johann Sebastian Bach).
Original text and translations
For information, refer to the Mass page. For texts and translations, see the individual pages: