Born: 17 July 1948
Jorge Moreira was born in 1948 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. He holds a BSc and MSc in Electrical Engineering and a PhD in Computer Science.
Jorge studied music since he was 6 years old. He started with classic piano and participated in several Ancient Music groups playing the recorder set. Music study is not formal but rather by taking lessons from music students and teachers.
His interest in choral music began in 1983. Singing in choral groups, he was fascinated by the sound of human voices. Initially he would make arrangements of Brazilian music and afterwards work on choral compositions, setting Brazilian poems and sacred texts to music.
List of choral works
Available at CPDL
Additional works - Copyright restriction
Arrangements (over 40 arrangements of Brazilian music)
- Milonga del angel, Piazzolla
- Valparaiso, Sting
- Round midnight by Monk, Hanighen and Willians,
- Chiclete com banana by Almira Castilho and Gordurinha,
- Tem mais samba, Pedro pedreiro lyrics/music by Chico Buarque,
- Lamento no morro, Água de beber lyrics/music by Tom Jobim and Vinicius,
Compositions (SATB if not stated otherwise)
Based on lyrics by Brazilian poets:
- Serenata, Canção quase inquieta, Canção, Cantiga (SSA,SSAA), Cantar, Madrugada no Campo (SSA), Canção do amor perfeito by Cecília Meireles,
- Martelo, Madrigal (SSA, SATB) by Manuel Bandeira,
- Quichimbi, Invenção de Orfeu (verse II/3) by Jorge de Lima,
Other works not listed above (See Template:CheckMissing for possible reasons and solutions)
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
add web links here