Born: 9 May 1763, Jones County, North Carolina
Died: 6 December 1807, Lexington, Kentucky
John Adam Granade was a Methodist circuit preacher in east Tennessee and Kentucky, poet and hymn-writer. His Pilgrim's Songster, published in 1804, would be a large contribution to camp-meeting songs.
There is no Wikipedia site yet.
Settings of text by John Granade
- Forster (Anonymous)
- Messiah (1813) (Anonymous)
- Mount Calvary (Ananias Davisson)
- Sweet Rivers (William Moore)
- Transport (Anonymous)
- The Trumpeters (William Walker)
- Granade, John A. 1804. The Pilgrim's Songster. Lexington, Kentucky: Daniel Bradford.
add web links here